Hey there, fellow coder!
Are you looking to become a top-notch Web Developer? The internet is packed with countless web development tools and resources, making it tough to choose the right ones. But don’t worry, We’ve got you covered!
We’ll be sharing our go-to list of hand-picked tools and resources that we use for coding and building websites for our clients. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, these tools will save you time and money.
And if you’re looking for coding courses instead, check out web development class recommended for beginners. Don’t wait, start exploring now!
Want to learn about dev tools? Let’s dive in
As a beginner web developer, it can be overwhelming to figure out which tools to use to help you create and optimize your website.
Fortunately, there are plenty of free tools available that can make your job easier.
Here are some of the best free tools that beginner web developers can use, grouped into categories based on their usage:
Code Editors and Development Tools
- Visual Studio Code: A powerful code editor with many features to help write and debug code for the web.
- GitHub: A web-based platform for version control and collaboration that allows you to store and manage your code repositories.
- CodePen: A social development environment for front-end developers that allows you to write code in the browser and share your work with others.
- Vite: A blazing fast development server and build tool that makes it easy to develop and optimize modern web applications and libraries.
Front-End Frameworks and Design Tools
- Google Fonts: A library of free fonts that can be easily integrated into your website.
- Canva: A design tool that can help create graphics and images for your website.
- ColorZilla: A browser extension that allows you to easily identify the hex code of any color on a webpage.
- Figma: A powerful web-based design tool that allows you to create wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes for your website.
- Tailwind CSS: A utility-first CSS framework that provides a set of pre-built styles and components to help with website layout and design.
- Webflow: A no-code website builder that allows you to create and launch responsive websites without any coding skills.
- Gatsby: A modern website generator that uses React and GraphQL to build fast, dynamic, and scalable websites.
- Next.js: A popular React framework for building server-side rendered and static web applications.
API and Database Tools
- Postwoman: A free and open-source API request builder that allows you to quickly test and debug your API endpoints.
- Postgres.app: A free and open-source PostgreSQL database management tool that makes it easy to set up, configure, and manage PostgreSQL databases on your local machine.
Performance and Testing Tools
- Google Lighthouse: An open-source tool that audits the performance, accessibility, and SEO of your website and provides actionable insights for improvement.
- Cypress: A fast, reliable, and easy-to-use end-to-end testing framework for web applications.
Deployment and Hosting Tools
- Netlify: A cloud-based platform that offers hosting, continuous deployment, and serverless functions for static websites.
- Vercel: A cloud platform for deploying and scaling serverless functions, static websites, and full-stack applications.
- Expo: A toolchain and platform for building and deploying cross-platform mobile apps using React Native.
- GitHub Actions: A powerful automation platform built into GitHub that allows you to automate your software development workflows.
- React Native Debugging Tools: A set of debugging tools that allow you to debug React Native applications directly from your browser.
These free tools can help beginner web developers create and optimize their websites with ease.
Whether you need to write and debug code, design the layout and graphics, test the performance and functionality, or deploy and host your website, there is a tool available that can help.
With these tools at your disposal, you can start your journey into tech as a web developer.
Check out our coding class & course, we can tutor you to become a professional web developer hirable by tech companies.